National Application Center :: career details :: Copy Writers
Career Details :: Copy Writers
Write advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media to promote sale of goods and services.
A minimum of two to four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
- Writes advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media and revises copy according to supervisor's instructions.
- Reviews advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services to formulate approach.
- Writes articles, bulletins, sales letters, speeches, and other related informative and promotional material.
- Prepares advertising copy, using computer.
- Obtains additional background and current development information through research and interview.
- Consults with sales media and marketing representatives to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy.
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Public Relations Specialists
- Radio and Television Announcers
- Real Estate Sales Agents
- Sales Representatives, Agricultural
- Sales Representatives, Mechanical Equipment and Supplies
General Work Activities
- Getting Information Needed to Do the Job
- Judging Qualities of Things, Service, People
- Communicating With Other Workers
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Thinking Creatively
Frequent Work Context
- Importance of Being Sure All Is Done
- Objective or Subjective Information
- Provide a Service to Others