Effective as of December 17, 2018
Please read this policy carefully. It is your choice whether or not to provide personal information to us. If you choose to do so, you are giving us your express consent to use, process, transfer and disclose your personal information, within the United States, as set forth in this policy. If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, you will not be able to use the nationalapplicationcenter.com.
XAP Corporation including its subsidiary Bridges Transitions Inc. ("XAP"), the company that operates NationalApplicationCenter.com, has adopted the following Privacy Statement for the information collected at this website. When you use NationalApplicationCenter.com XAP has access to your information and may use your information to operate and maintain NationalApplicationCenter.com and in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
As NationalApplicationCenter.com evolves, we may update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes in the manner in which we deal with personal information, whether to comply with then-applicable regulations and self-regulatory standards or otherwise. The Privacy Statement posted here will always be current. We encourage you to review this Statement regularly. Please see additional information regarding amending this Statement in the Section entitled "Amending this Privacy Statement" below.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please see the information in the Section entitled "With whom personally identifying information and automatically collected information may be shared" for an understanding regarding the parties who may access your information.
- Your agreement to this Privacy Statement
- Types of information we collect
- Minimum age of 13 required to establish an account except for those residing in the European Union who must be over the age of 16 to create an account
- Reasons we collect personally identifying information
- Ways in which personally identifying information and automatically-collected information may be used
- With whom personally identifying information and automatically-collected information may be shared
- Security measures to protect information; Disclaimer
- Modifying your information
- Retention, Deletion and Storage
- Your European Union Privacy Rights
- Amending this Privacy Statement
Your Agreement to this Privacy Statement
When you use NationalApplicationCenter.com you signify and affirm that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this Statement; that you are competent and capable of understanding, agreeing to, and complying with this Statement; and that this Statement forms a legally-binding agreement between you and XAP. You agree that this Statement is supported by reasonable and valuable consideration (which includes your use of NationalApplicationCenter.com), and you acknowledge your receipt of and the sufficiency of such consideration. If you do not agree with all of the provisions of this Statement, you may not use NationalApplicationCenter.com).
Types of Information Collected
This Statement covers information you expressly enter into NationalApplicationCenter.com and information that we automatically collect as you use NationalApplicationCenter.com.
The Personally Identifying Information We Collect
To use certain features of NationalApplicationCenter.com we will require you to provide us with information that personally-identifies you ("Personally Identifying Information" or "PII"). If you choose not to provide us your Personally Identifying Information, you will not be able to use certain features of NationalApplicationCenter.com. When you do provide us your PII, you are authorizing us to use that PII in accordance with this Statement and to store your PII on our servers in the United States. The categories of PII that NationalApplicationCenter.com may collect from you include your name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number, grade level, Social Security number, username and password, demographic data (such as your gender, ethnicity, and zip code), parent's or guardian's names, parent's or guardian's addresses and phone number and other contact information, user preferences, and such additional information as you choose to actively enter into NationalApplicationCenter.com and include in your portfolio or are required to provide by the college and/or financial aid applications that you choose to complete or other actions you choose to take through NationalApplicationCenter.com.
When you use NationalApplicationCenter.com, we automatically track, collect, and store the following types of information (referred to as "Automatically-Collected Information"): 1) Date and time you access NationalApplicationCenter.com; 2) pages visited and features used, and the order of use; 3) type of computer or other operating device accessing NationalApplicationCenter.com and type of browser used to access NationalApplicationCenter.com; 4) referring source (meaning the website you visit prior to visiting NationalApplicationCenter.com); and 5) other similar information about the interaction between your browser and NationalApplicationCenter.com and activities in which you engage while using NationalApplicationCenter.com. Unless otherwise stated in this Statement, Automatically-Collected Information may be combined with your PII.
When you visit NationalApplicationCenter.com, we collect your Internet Protocol ("IP") address to track and aggregate Automatically-Collected Information. We also collect IP addresses of users when they log onto their account portfolios on NationalApplicationCenter.com in order to confirm the applicable user's identity.
Minimum Age Of 13 Required To Establish An Account
NationalApplicationCenter.com will not collect any information from persons who are not yet 13 years old. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not authorized to create an account on NationalApplicationCenter.com, but you can utilize those portions of NationalApplicationCenter.com that do not involve the collection of personal information from users.
If you are over the age of 13 but under the age of 16 and reside in the European Union, you may not create an account on the NationalApplicationCenter.com.
If you are 13 years of age or older and not a citizen of the European Union, or a citizen of the European Union aged 16 years or older you are encouraged to create an account on NationalApplicationCenter.com and to utilize all NationalApplicationCenter.com, which will help you plan, prepare and pay for your future education.
Reasons We Collect Persionally Identifying Information
NationalApplicationCenter.com collects PII from you primarily for three reasons. The first reason is to perform a task on NationalApplicationCenter.com requested by you, such as filling out a financial aid application. The second reason is to enable you to submit, in a convenient and efficient manner, information that is likely to be needed when you complete college admission, financial aid, and other applications and forms made available through NationalApplicationCenter.com or undertake a scholarship search on NationalApplicationCenter.com. The third reason is to enable XAP to respond to your questions or contact you when necessary in connection with the functioning of NationalApplicationCenter.com or to provide required notices.
Ways In Which Personal Identifying Information May Be Used
Upon your instructions to do so, NationalApplicationCenter.com will use your personal identifying information to complete the following forms and surveys, to obtain information for you and to effect transactions on your behalf:
- Complete applications for admission to educational institutions
- Complete financial aid applications
- Complete financial aid calculators
- Complete a scholarship search
- Complete freshman or transfer planners, which can assist you in selecting courses and otherwise planning to meet admission requirements
- Communicate your requests for information or material to colleges or other institutions you have specified
Your PII and Automatically-Collected Information may also be used for the following purposes:
- We may use your PII and Automatically-Collected Information to help diagnose problems with NationalApplicationCenter.com's server and to administer NationalApplicationCenter.com.
- We may use your PII and Automatically-Collected Information to customize and tailor your experience using NationalApplicationCenter.com, displaying content on NationalApplicationCenter.com that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences (but we do not track your activity across multiple websites for the purpose of serving targeted advertising to you).
- Summary data consisting of a compilation of de-identified and aggregate data representing NationalApplicationCenter.com users may be collected by XAP and provided to various entities including colleges and other educational institutions represented on NationalApplicationCenter.com. NO PII IS MADE AVAILABLE AS PART OF THESE SUMMARY REPORTS. Some examples of summary data are the number of monthly visitors to NationalApplicationCenter.com, the number of admission applications submitted over NationalApplicationCenter.com, and the NationalApplicationCenter.com functions utilized by users in specified age ranges.
With Whom Personally Identifying Information and Automatically-Collected Information May Be Shared
Except as set forth below, PII you enter on NationalApplicationCenter.com is not made available or distributed to third parties, except with your express consent or at your express direction. In particular, XAP will not give, sell, rent, trade, transfer, otherwise provide or provide access to your PII to any company, individual, or organization for its use in marketing or commercial solicitation or for any other purpose, except with your express consent and at your direction, unless it is pursuant to one of the exceptions listed below or necessary for operation of NationalApplicationCenter.com. We may share your PII as follows:
- School Administration and Staff. If you request that information saved in your MyPortfolio Portfolio be made available to your high school counselor, high school counseling office or someone else you designate to perform in a comparable role, XAP will permit those whom you have authorized to view your PII.
- Bridges Transitions Inc. XAP Corporation and Bridges Transitions Inc. reserve the right to share PII with one another (regardless of which entity first collected the information) in connection with the maintenance and operation of NationalApplicationCenter.com and for use in accordance with this Statement.
- As Directed by You. Any time you request that we perform a task that involves a transfer of PII, the PII related to the performance of that task will be made available to a recipient you designate. For example:
- If you submit an application for admission to a college or other educational institution, the PII required to complete that application and any other PII you entered onto the application will be provided on your behalf to the admissions office of the institution to which you are applying.
- If you request that a college or other educational institution send you material, your contact information will be provided to that institution so the institution can send you material and contact you.
- Required by Law. When required by law to comply with any valid legal process such as a statute, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order, XAP may supply PII contained in your NationalApplicationCenter.com account as XAP reasonably determines, based on the advice of counsel, it is legally required to supply. XAP may also disclose PII in emergency situations, to protect your safety or the safety of others, to defend against legal claims, to enforce XAP's contractual or other rights, or to take actions regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Merger, Acquisition, or Sale of XAP. XAP may transfer your PII and Automatically-Collected Information to another entity if XAP is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of its assets or business. In this event, we will, if allowed, use reasonable efforts to notify you when your information is transferred to a third party (this notification may be made via email to you or by posting a prominent notice on NationalApplicationCenter.com). Unless you consent otherwise, XAP will contractually require any successor to treat your PII in accordance with the promises made in this Statement, even after the transfer. But any information you provide after the transfer will likely be subject to a new privacy statement, and you should review that statement.
- Third-Party Payment Processor. We use a third-party intermediary to manage payment processing when you submit payment to apply to an educational institution through NationalApplicationCenter.com. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your financial information or other PII, except for the sole purpose of processing payments you initiate.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share Automatically-Collected Information with our third-party service providers who assist us by performing services related to our operation of NationalApplicationCenter.com (such as hosting, data storage, and security). Such third-party service providers are not authorized to use your information in any way other than as described here and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Third-Party Analytics Services. We may use third-party analytics services to assist us in better understanding our NationalApplicationCenter.com users. For example, we use these services to track and analyze certain Automatically-Collected Information, such as feature usage. We only ever provide these service providers with (or allow these service providers to collect on our behalf) Automatically-Collected Information. We use the information collected from these service providers to make NationalApplicationCenter.com better and easier to use. The information we receive from these third parties may be re-associated with your PII after we receive it back from these third parties. These third parties are not authorized to use the information in any other way and are required to keep it the information confidential.
Security Measures to Protect Information; Disclaimer
XAP uses industry standard physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of PII and Automatically-Collected Information we collect and store. For example, NationalApplicationCenter.com encrypts the PII you enter when it is in route from your browser to the NationalApplicationCenter.com web servers, and again when your PII is in route from the web servers to the back-end database servers using TLS 1.2. This practice helps prevent unauthorized third parties from intercepting and gaining access to your PII during transmission over the Internet. NationalApplicationCenter.com is WC3 compliant and performs properly on all major operating system platforms as well as all major modern internet browsers specifically including, but not limited to, Windows, Macintosh, Linux, iOS, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, and the build-in Internet browsers for iOS and Android.
PII residing on the NationalApplicationCenter.com server is password protected, and account access is provided only to the account holder who created the password, anyone to whom that account holder entrusted the password, designated school administrators and staff, and those employees of XAP who require such access to administer and maintain the NationalApplicationCenter.com system or to provide requested customer support to users of NationalApplicationCenter.com. Each XAP employee who has access to the PII residing on the NationalApplicationCenter.com server has agreed in writing to respect the privacy of all such PII. XAP trains employees to protect customer information and only authorize access for employees who XAP believes have a business need for that information. XAP holds employees accountable to a Code of Conduct and Ethics to protect user information.
The safety and security of your PII also depends on you. You should not send us sensitive PII via email, as this is not secure. You are also responsible for keeping your account username and password confidential. Please notify us if you become aware that your PII is lost, stolen, or used without permission; we may disable access to your account in order to prevent an unauthorized third party from accessing your account.
While we take industry-standard security measures to protect the privacy of your PII, we cannot guarantee that your PII will never be compromised. No Internet or wireless network transmission is ever 100% secure, and no security system can prevent all security breaches. We do not and cannot guarantee that there will be no unintended disclosures of your PII or that unauthorized third parties will not defeat our security measures or use non-public information for improper purposes.
We use third-party services provided by Google Analytics to track and analyze your NationalApplicationCenter.com activity. In order to gather this Automatically-Collected Information, we use a Google Analytics cookie on NationalApplicationCenter.com. If you don't want your Automatically-Collected Information used by Google Analytics, Google recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Ad-on, located here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We also have third-party widgets on NationalApplicationCenter.com, such as widgets provided by YouTube, PollDaddy and Screencast. When you use these third-party widgets by using features of our site, the widgets may place cookies associated with these widgets on your computer or other operating device.
Don't want cookies?
Modifying Your Information
You may update on NationalApplicationCenter.com any PII you previously provided. To modify PII: (i) Sign in to NationalApplicationCenter.com, (ii) access either your portfolio account or an application containing the information you want to change, (iii) modify that information using standard word-processing techniques, and (iv) save the change. If you want to remove PII that is in a required field (and not replace it with other data), you will need to contact XAP at 1-800-GO-TO-XAP (1-800-468-6927) and request that your account be deleted. XAP will respond to your request, when permitted by law, within thirty (30) days.
Please recognize that if you delete information, it will no longer be available on NationalApplicationCenter.com so that, for example, if a college to which you previously submitted an application were to attempt to retrieve that application from NationalApplicationCenter.com after you made the deletion, the deleted information would no longer be accessible. Similarly, when accessed over NationalApplicationCenter.com, PII that has been updated or otherwise modified will appear in its then-current form, rather than in the form in which it may have been submitted at some earlier time.
Retention, Deletion and Store
We retain all PII and Automatically-Collected Information in our databases to fulfill the purpose for which the information was collected.
Your account on NationalApplicationCenter.com will be retained by XAP for five (5) years following your last log in. After five (5) years of inactivity your account will be permanently deleted pursuant to XAP's data deletion policy. If you wish to have your account deleted earlier than following five (5) years of inactivity, you may contact XAP at 1-800-GO-TO-XAP (1-800-468-6927) and request that your account be deleted. XAP will respond to your request, when permitted by law, within thirty (30) days.
Note that if you have chosen to submit data to a postsecondary institution, XAP is unable to delete or otherwise retract that information from the receiving institution.
Following deletion of your account, XAP may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, and Automatically-Collected Information, for analytics purposes only.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
If you are citizen of the European Union you have additional privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective May 25, 2018, including but not limited to:
- The right to know who is collecting and processing your personal data.
- The right to know the purpose and legal justification for the collection and processing of your personal data.
- The right to access, receive or correct your personal data.
- The right to restrict the processing of your data where the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful, or your personal data is no longer needed or there are no longer legitimate grounds to process your personal data.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted (where there are no longer legal or necessary grounds to process or store your personal data).
- The right to withdraw your consent to the collection, handling, storage and/or processing of your personal data and to complain to XAP and/or the appropriate EU data protection authority if you have reason to believe that any of your rights are being violated.
- The right to know that the personal data that was collected, handled, stored and processed was required in order to accomplish the purposes that you have given express consent to.
The lawful collection and processing of your personal data is necessary for XAP to provide NationalApplicationCenter.com. If you would like to exercise any of the above rights in relation to your NationalApplicationCenter.com account or if you have any questions about your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com.
Amending this Privacy Statement
XAP may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will post any new Statement here, and you should review this Statement regularly to make sure you are aware of its terms. You can determine if this Statement has been revised since your last visit to NationalApplicationCenter.com by referring to the "last updated" date at the top of this Statement. If XAP makes any substantial changes to this Privacy Statement, XAP may also notify you (i) by posting a message on the NationalApplicationCenter.com homepage for at least thirty (30) days; or (ii) by providing direct notice to you via your contact information or by requiring that you agree to the revised Statement to next time you log into your account on NationalApplicationCenter.com. Once posted to NationalApplicationCenter.com, the new Privacy Statement will apply to all data previously submitted and subsequently submitted to NationalApplicationCenter.com, unless such use is prohibited by law.
If any part of this Statement is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under applicable law, then the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be superseded by a valid, legal, and enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision, and the remainder of this Statement will continue in full force and effect.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement and the privacy practices on this site, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.