National Application Center :: career details :: Sales Representatives, Agricultural
Career Details :: Sales Representatives, Agricultural
Sell agricultural products and services, such as animal feeds, farm and garden equipment, and dairy, poultry, and veterinarian supplies.
Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience may be helpful in these occupations, but usually is not needed. For example, a drywall installer might benefit from experience installing drywall, but an inexperienced person could still learn to be an installer with little difficulty.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma and may require some vocational training or job-related course work. In some cases, an associate's or bachelor's degree could be needed.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees.
- Solicits orders from customers in person or by phone.
- Prepares reports of business transactions.
- Consults with customer regarding installation, setup, or layout of agricultural equipment and machines.
- Demonstrates use of agricultural equipment or machines.
- Recommends changes in customer use of agricultural products to improve production.
- Informs customer of estimated delivery schedule, service contracts, warranty, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Displays or shows customer agricultural related products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Quotes prices and credit terms.
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Driver/Sales Workers
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Real Estate Sales Agents
- Sales Representatives, Instruments
- Sales Representatives, Mechanical Equipment and Supplies
- Sales Representatives, Medical
General Work Activities
- Selling or Influencing Others
- Communicating With Persons Outside Organization
- Getting Information Needed to Do the Job
- Performing for/Working With Public
- Establishing & Maintaining Relationships
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Persuade Someone to a Course of Action
- Deal With External Customers
- Objective or Subjective Information
- Provide a Service to Others