National Application Center :: career details :: Driver/Sales Workers
Career Details :: Driver/Sales Workers
Drive truck or other vehicle over established routes or within an established territory and sell goods, such as food products, including restaurant take-out items, or pick up and deliver items, such as laundry. May also take orders and collect payments. Includes newspaper delivery drivers.
No previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a general office clerk even if he/she has never worked in an office before.
These occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate. Some may require a formal training course to obtain a license.
Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.
- Arranges merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Collects coins from vending machines, refills machine, and removes aged merchandise.
- Writes customer order and sales contracts according to company guidelines.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services and price changes.
- Sells food specialties, such as sandwiches and beverages, to office workers and patrons of sports events.
- Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Drives truck to deliver such items as food, medical supplies, or newspapers.
- Calls on prospective customers to explain company services and to solicit new business.
- Reviews list of dealers, customers, or station drops and loads truck.
- Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Listens to and resolves customers' complaints regarding product or services.
- Maintains truck and food-dispensing equipment and cleans inside of machines that dispense food or beverages.
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Real Estate Sales Agents
- Retail Salespersons
- Sales Representatives, Agricultural
- Sales Representatives, Instruments
- Sales Representatives, Medical
General Work Activities
- Performing for/Working With Public
- Selling or Influencing Others
- Operating Vehicles or Equipment
- Communicating With Persons Outside Organization
- Establishing & Maintaining Relationships
Frequent Work Context
- Job-Required Social Interaction
- Provide a Service to Others
- Deal With External Customers
- Persuade Someone to a Course of Action
- Consequence of Error