National Application Center :: planner timeline
In addition to your research here at NationalApplicationCenter.com, you should ask counselors, teachers, parents, and friends any other questions you have about college.
- Talk to your guidance counselor (or teachers, if you don't have access to a guidance counselor) about the following:
- Going to a four-year college or university
- Courses to start taking in the 9th grade
- The importance colleges and universities place on grades, and what year in school grades will start to be considered in the admissions process
- College preparatory classes you should be taking in high school (9th through 12th grade)
- Academic enrichment programs (including summer and weekend programs) available through your school or local colleges
- Think about pursuing extracurricular activities (such as sports, performing arts, volunteer work, or other activities that interest you).